- IRELAND oil spill costs £0.5 million: Limerick County Council search for liability
- NORTH SEA gas leak: Total wipeout as cost estimate tops £12 billion
- Oil Spill Costs: Stopping US tax breaks for polluters
- NIGERIA oil spill: Bonga to cost billions
- WASHINGTON OIL SPILL: costing $11 billion every 1000 years?
- #ChibiMeApp http://t.co/UmeWvUHn 3 months ago
- IRELAND oil spill costs £0.5 million: Limerick County Council search for liability wp.me/pVf0t-dy 1 year ago
- Cost of cleanup following Limerick oil spill to exceed €500,000 - Limerick Leader: limerickleader.ie/news/cost-of-c… 1 year ago
- NORTH SEA gas leak: Total wipeout as cost estimate tops £12 billion wp.me/pVf0t-dt 1 year ago
- Spill Cleanup? Just a Cost of Doing Business? huff.to/z12Ey5 via @HuffingtonPost 1 year ago
List of oil spills
Share this blog
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Monthly Archives: October 2010
BP has used the oil spill to excuse a number of unpopular actions. This has included no dividends for shareholders, higher prices for its petrol sold at gas stations, and selling off some subsidiary businesses. However, as we are often … Continue reading
The US National Retail Foundation reports Halloween is the second most expensive holiday costing the average American $66. The Gulf of Mexico oil spill is helping Halloween’s expansion by integrating protests about the environmental disaster part of the traditional offering. … Continue reading
New report estimates the costs of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico at $350 billion. The report by Entergy indicates the full economic cost could be as high as $700 billion over the coming 20 years. Interpreting these … Continue reading
Ultra-low-cost airline, Spirit Air have a long history of thought-provoking, attention-grabbing adverts. A recent campaign has asked clients to “check out the oil on our beaches”. Previous campaigns have courted controversy with neat plays on words such as off-shore drilling and … Continue reading
BP’s new CEO, Bob Dudley, has promised to “look at risk management of safety in a different” in light of the very-low-risk very high impact probability associated with catastrophic oil spills, like the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. Safety and … Continue reading
A Halloween costume which has allegedly sold over 10,000 units apes the Bad Planning of BP. From CBSLocal NewYork. Of course, bored students are cyber-hyping the costumes. See here for more information on how to make your own.
Dumping oily waste on the high seas is a significant problem. A study by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development concluded that the dumping of oily waste causes annually as much as eight times the amount of oil pollution … Continue reading
The Slick Economist has been monitoring global oil spills for six months. One keen and growing element in the media is the use of oil spills to sell, promote, highlight, humour and otherwise deflect some of the spotlight onto other … Continue reading
A new economic report on the Gulf of Mexico oil spill has indicated the costs to fishing are $115-172 million The report is the first of three on the economic costs to Louisiana. The total costs will be into the … Continue reading
News of a serial oil spiller being caught again by a whistleblower – this time using his mobile phone to capture the act – has shone a light on the difficulties inherent in governing maritime activities, especially of the flawed … Continue reading